How to get email statistics
If you want to get a monthly summary of your email activities in Gmail
- Ensure that Google activity reports have been enabled for the account
- Click on your name at the right hand side
- Select Accounts
- Go to the product category
- Click Go to the account activity under Account activity
- You can also click the Open Account Activity report in an email which says new account activity report availability.
- If asked
Type your Gmail password
- Click Sign in
- Under Email sent determine the no of messages you have sent in the report
- This no. does not include email you sent from Gmail
- Click on any bar chart below to determine the no of messages sent on any specific date.
- Under email received note down the number of messages that you have received
- Move your cursor over a bar in the chart to determine how many messages were received on particular days.
- Under most contacted determine the contacts you email most in the report month.
- Point over address to see how many email you sent to specific addresses.
- For report of previous month select the desired date period from the report menu at top.
How to get notification for New Reports
- Go through Account Activity page.
- If asked log in to the Gmail account
- Click on settings under gear at the top right
- Make sure that Send me an email every time a new report is available is checked
- Uncheck the option to turn off email notification
- Click on Save
Pause Google Account Activity Report
- Click on the settings under gear
- Select Pause that has appeared
- Have any issue call gmail toll free number +1(800)863-2390