How to Enable Gmail Features
If you try to sign in Gmail with a browser that is not fully supported then you will be automatically directed to a basic HTML view of Gmail. The basic HTML view is compatible with any browser and you can access your mails easily through this version.
In case of basic HTML view of Gmail you may not see the following features
• Creating filters
• Rich formatting
• Spell checker
• Keyboard shortcuts
• Adding, editing, importing or deleted contacts
• Custom From addresses
But if you prefer using Standard Gmail view instead of HTML then you can visit http://mail.google.com/mail?nocheckbrowser. It is to be noted that still if your browser is not supported then the standard view of Gmail will not open using this link.
1. Open internet explorer and click on Tools at the top
2. From the tools select internet options and click the Security tab at the top of dialog box
3. Click on Trusted sites and then Sites
4. Enter the sites in Add this website to the zone field
5. Click on Ok to save your changes
The next thing that you have to do is to clear your browser cache.
Close all the open browser windows restart internet Explorer and log into Gmail. In case you are still unable to sign in then you should remove all your trusted sites in IE and then login again.
If you are still unable to sign in then you can try signing in securely by changing the URL to https://mail.google.com.